somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Feeling Healthy


My flatmate is away so now I have nobody to cook for. I went into hunter-gatherer mode for the first couple of days, subsisting on foraged peanut butter sandwiches. Today I was determined to do better. I had a shocker at the gym this morning and even a double shot iced coffee didn’t make me feel much better. So finally I invaded the ‘secret vegetable draw’, cut open a tube of tofu and made soup. It was good. Feeling healthy already.

After lunch a couple of students popped around to see if the resident doc was teaching anatomy today. Not for the next six weeks or so, sorry. I improvised. Step one: put on the kettle and make coffee. Step two: think back to the great medical knowledge I have retained from studying nursing for half a semester in 1996. (OK- that would be nothing at all.) Step three: forget it. Play. Feeling emotionally healthy already.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home