somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When I don't know what to do...

When I don't know what to do I clean. I organise. I re-organise. I've been doing quite a lot of these "homemaker" activities this past week.

I've done menu plans, grocery shopping, cooking and packed the leftovers for lunch the next day. I've reorganised half of the kitchen cupboards, taking unused items to the local Vinnies. I've gone through the fridge and thrown out anything that has sneaked past the best-before date. Rubbish has been sorted according to local council recycling bin colours.

I've cleaned, vacuumed, washed, dusted and scrubbed several areas of the house. When "the one who works" is out my friendly voice takes phone messages.

Outside the home, I have picked up my soccermom car, joined a gym and caught up with neighbours at the local shops. I'm still figuring out what I'm supposed to do with these weekdays but hey- there's always housework!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:01 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Geez man - LUCKY YOU - want to come to my house ha ha?? I'm sure sari has taught you some good house helping tips??

    Don't they also say pregnant ladies like to clean just before they give birth???

    naomi

     
  • At 2:34 pm , Blogger Joe said...

    haha... I'm very similar and my ability to find things to go to the Oxfam store every time I am on holiday strikes fear into the hearts of others.

    When we were young, Scott was always showing off that there were things in your cupboards that had expired 5 years ago. I thought that was quite cool!

     
  • At 5:34 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh wow - come to my house please!

     
  • At 11:42 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I feel sad for you.
    Why don't you just gimme a call? (and this time make it so's i can call you back - couldn't access your number after you texted last time). Ali

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home