somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ski

When I'm asked, "what is your favourite sport?" I want to simply say, "ski". In Cambodia the word pops up in so many sports. It can be a bit confusing to and time consuming to talk about all the different ski sports in but it can make for interesting conversation. Here's my list of ski sports, with the English version of how I explain them in Khmer.

1. Skiing: ski on ice with two boards going straight.

2. Snowboarding: ski on ice with one board, standing on the side.
3. Water skiing: ski water, use a machine boat to pull you, no waves.
4. Surfing: ski water, with waves.
5. Bodyboarding: ski water, with waves, but don't stand up.
6. Rollerskating: ski on four wheels.
7. Rollerblading: ski on four wheels that are in a straight line.
8. Skateboarding: ski on four wheels on a board, standing on the side.

I don't do any of these sports in Cambodia but I love and miss ski (especially ski 2, 4&5!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home