somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Medical Kitty

I've been in Phnom Penh for a couple of days. I bought equipment, had meetings, did coffee, got a vaccine and read a bunch of Christmas letters that have been sitting in my PO Box since late December. Deb sent me some Helly Kitty paper in her Christmas card. (Nice- reminded me of Hong Kong days!) The very next day morning I came across this in a magazine:

A Taiwanese maternity hospital is hoping to ease the stress of childbirth by adopting the Hello Kitty cartoon character as its theme. Believed to be the world's first Hello Kitty- themed medical establishment, every aspect of the 30-bed Hau Sheng hospital is emblazoned with the 34-year-old Japanese motif.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 pm , Blogger Cal said...

    Oh my sweet sweetness. The thought of giving birth (or having any medical procedures) in a Hello Kitty themed hospital is enough to send my blood pressure through the roof.

    (Friend of mine who ran a bar in Wanchai once had a "Goodbye Kitty" evening where customers got to bash Kitty with a hammer and put her in a coffin)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home