somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

close shave

Last weekend some friends passing through Poipet asked if they knew where I could buy some head lice shampoo. (Yeah, yeah... some "friends" wanted hair lice shampoo? Yes! Friends. Not me!) Anyway, I jumped on my moto and asked at four of the larger pharmacies in town but none of them sell it. (They'd never even heard of the stuff!) Their advice was:

1. Use regular shampoo (think they've been using regular shampoo already...)
2. Have the person cover their eyes and then spray their head with regular canned insect spray (like Raid?... are you kidding?)
3. Shave their head (umm... it's a girl we're talking about here... not going to happen.)

So my advice was:

4. Wait another day until you are out of Poipet and keep searching!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 pm , Blogger Lisa said...

    Hey Pippy.

    I'd suggest (from experience) that conditioner left in for 20mins will bog down the fastest lice... then use one of those small plastic lice combs (they should be available at the market). RDI (outside PP) also sell a head lice soap...

    Also, I'm just online to let you know that your email has been highjacked... and you are apparently stuck in Nigera and in need of cash.

    Love, Lisa

     
  • At 2:39 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Ooooh! My head is itchy already! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home