somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

even in the border

Jainny uploaded her story of coming to faith on facebook yesterday. She gave me permission to post this slightly edited version:

God's love reached even in the border of Cambodia and Thailand. Banteay Menchay is the last province of Cambodia and the place where I was born. Yin Sokhim is my name but I am known more as Jainny, 22 years old. Three years ago a Filippino teacher came to teach English. Armie and her parents had just arrived in Poi pet. She is very friendly that's why we became friends. Soon she invited me and some of the students to join in the student's fellowship every Sunday afternoon.

There I met for the first time, Pastor Art and Ma'am Malou. They taught us how to sing English songs and above all the Word of God. At first, I thought of joining just to be able to practice my skill in speaking English and also for fun. I knew that they are christians and that is why I make it clear to myself that I would believe Christ 50% and so with Buddha. I've been attending this activity for several times and it was there also that I heard about LIFE Camp.

So, with the permission of my parents, i and some of the students experienced what LIFE Camp was all about on November 24-26, 2004. I made a profession to accept Christ but it was not as clear to me as to why I did it. it was then on May 30, 2005 that I made a personal and heartfelt decision to accept Christ as my Savior through the constant sharing of the Gospel thru phone by the Bible School students of Cambodia Baptist Seminary.

This decision cost me a lot of things. Immediately after my baptism on Nov 16, 2005, my father stopped me from attending the English classes and meeting with Pastor Art and Ma'am Malou. He decided to let me marry an unbeliever in an effort to stop me from believing in Jesus Christ to which I strongly opposed. He let me choose between him and Jesus and he was furious when I chose Jesus. He told me to leave our house but then because of my mom I still stayed. He then forced me to stop reading, studying and even listening to the bible thru the radio and cassette player. He even burned my bible and said things about God mockingly. But then, secretly I kept on doing it against his will until one day he caught me and was badly beaten publicly by a wood stick. That incident led me to run away from home because I was confused, hurt and ashamed as to why my father had beaten me badly. I couldn't believe that he dared to do it and cast me away from him. My only consolation was the verse in Psalm 27:10 which says "When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up." The Lord indeed lifted me up. I thought that my ordeal was over but then my father sent me a document to sign telling me that I am no longer his daughter and I dont have the right to receive any inheritance from him. Without any hesitation, I signed it. It was the most painful thing that I have ever done for my Lord Jesus but what was that compared to what He has done for me at Calvary.

Now, I am happily serving Him in the church teaching English and the Bible with my newfound family "Papa Art & Mama Malou", of course I still love my father and my mom even though they rejected me. I know that one day we shall be reunited. I give him all the glory for what He has done, what He is doing and what He will be doing in my life. Amen!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 am , Anonymous Jenny B said...

    What an amazing and lovely testimony. Will pray that her father and mother both turn to the Lord! Thanks for all your posts, Pip. Take care & God bless

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home