somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Vegetarians please skip this one...

My friend Katey sent me an email from Hong Kong this week to tell me she was cooking up some homemade pizzas. (I'm sure there was some other info in the email too but right now I'm stuck on the pizza bit...) Katey asked if I've tried any interesting food combinations lately. I have. I can't take credit for coming up with this one myself but how is this for a combo!?!

Rice + Pickled Vegetables + Duck Embryos = Dinner Last Night

I have to confess that I was still feeling a bit seedy with some kind of stomach bug so I just had a taste of the duck delicacy. The verdict? To be honest I have to say it was quite delicious.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:59 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI there Pip! I was so encouraged by what you posted last night. to know and be known by God and walk in his Spirit. Isn't this just the essence of why we were created?
    I am not so encouraged by tonite's entry! Yuk! Phil Brown even said the pizza sounds disgusting! What amazing opportunities you are opening yourself up to for God. I'll keep praying for you and hope you have a wonderful time with your mum- she is SO excited!

     
  • At 10:28 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I remember the 'nice' meal we were taken to in Japan where the main was ALIVE and KICKING BIG PRAWNS! It's (I think, if I remember right) the only time I ever screamed during dinner! I, too, suddenly became a bit 'seedy' as you say and only had a taste, which I DON'T remember as being that delicious!

    Hang in there, God cares.

    Marsha

     
  • At 5:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Pip. Hope you had a good day. Saw a cute skit today about us back here 'holding the ropes' for you all out there. I hope we can do that for you.

    Came across a 500 something slip of money that was tucked away in a pocket in the 'book' and remembered to think of you. We'll bring it someday when we come to visit:)

    Tony

     
  • At 4:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you are getting game.
    :-)

    Sharon

     
  • At 1:08 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Maybe we'll have some interesting meals when you come home on holidays????

    mum

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home