somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Where White Is Beautiful

It is difficult to explain the concept of wanting a "healthy tan" or going to a tanning salon for an instant improvement in a country where white is beautiful. In my wanderings around Phnom Penh's supermarkets I haven't seen one DIY spray-on fake tan but I have seen shelves of moisturising creams and other products that promise fairer skin. (Actually I asked my sister if I could use some of her skin whitening face cream one night. A single application and I've been white ever since. Amazing!)

My favourite product has to be the "skin whitening deodorant". I can't say that I've ever given a moments thought to the pigmentation of my own underarms- or anyone else's. Whitening deodorant? "What the?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home