somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

It's Nearly Christmas!

It is nearly Christmas. I've been saying this for the past three days- "Elow jet bon Noel." I want to remind myself that tomorrow there is a reason to celebrate. For those who recognise the birth of Jesus too, I want to encourage their joy. For those who don't know and have never celebrated Christmas, I want them to wonder (better yet, ask...) "What is she so excited about?"

Yesterday, while I was having a drink at a market stall with a couple of friends, I started chatting with a guy selling postcards & books for tourists. He was wearing a brace on his left leg and walked with a crutch. (He may or may not have a disablity.) As we were talking I mentioned, "Elow jet bon Noel." He responded immediately with a "Hallelujah!"Whether this was said in jest or in praise I'm not sure but I took his literal meaning and replied, "Yes, uncle. It is good to praise Jesus."

This afternoon I'm going to a small birthday party for Jesus. We have started the preparations but still have more to do. The banners have been painted but the balloons still need to go up. The menu has been planned but at least on of the cooks still hasn't been to the supermarket yet. I'm sure it will come together and at 5:30pm six of us (incluing two kids) will gather. We'll eat some good food. We'll sing some songs. The adults will bring their gifts for Jesus. We will sing Happy Birthday and cut the specially decorated cake.

Hallelujah!
Elow jet bon Noel!
Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home