somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

how curious

I've just come from the Hope School International's performance of Alice in Wonderland. Some of the Junior High School crew I hang out with on Friday nights were playing leading roles. All of the youth leaders were there to watch and clap. It was fun.

I caught up with seventh grade "Alice" before the show. After our initial greetings the conversation went-

Me: So, are you nervous?
Alice: No. I've done this kind of stuff heaps before.
Me: OK. But you don't ever get a little bit nervous?
Alice: No. I love it. I was destined for the stage.
Me: Yeah?
Alice: Uh-huh. See, first I'm going to be an actor, then a writer...or maybe a concert pianist. Then, after that I might become an interior designer.
Me: Sounds cool. Hey, Alice, could you sign my program?
Alice: Seriously?
Me: Yep. Because I'm sure you will be busy after the show and...
Alice: Are you serious?
Me: Yeah...and I want to get your autograph before you are famous.

So Alice took the pen I offered and wrote:

Dear Pip
ur so embarrassing!

(Awww! Maybe..but Alice- I know you secretly love it!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home