somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April

The month of April is thought to have derived its name from the Latin verb aperio, which means to open. In much of the Northern Hemisphere, at least, this is the season where the buds and blossoms are now opening. What might it mean for us to be open this April? What do you want to be open to at the start of this season? Feel free to comment...

To Open In April

Curtains open for I won't sit forever in the dark
Open a book and I'm lost for the night
Windows open to the rumblings of the street
The front door opens to welcome friends of friends
Meetings open and I'm challenged by open discussion
Open a box of chocolates and they never last long.

There's a restaurant near my house just opened-
The sign says, "Seven Days BBQ. Closed Sundays."
Sometimes it is hard to stay open
Sometimes I want to close my eyes to injustice.
To risk being open is to risk losing it all.
An open hand. An open heart. An open mind.
May I be open to these opening like April flowers.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Pip - wow, there's a challenge - I want to be more open to relationships, that is to people, on more than just a superficial level. Thanks for making us think. P.S. It's 'losing' (not 'loosing'). :-)

     
  • At 3:26 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Thanks Ali-

    ...And I just taught an English class this morning! Lucky it was conversational English ; ) The last time I taught this class was early January so the first thing they did was learn the phrase "Long time no see!" At the end of the class most of them remembered that since we're meeting again tomorrow if I say "same time" they can respond "same place". But I know spelling has a place in there somewhere too... Thanks!

     
  • At 3:29 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey pip, i'm cheryl from 'hold:: this space' - i found you via my stats, and i'm very glad i did! you tell your experiences so well. i love 'fear of falling'... thanks

     
  • At 8:01 am , Blogger pip said...

    hi cheryl-
    Thanks for stopping by! Actually I tried to email you at the address on the blog but it didn't go through... Wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your thoughts and the only complaint I have is that it always makes me homesick!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home