somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Best Things

This is the best thing about looking after someone's house for a while. I always gorge myself on their book collections... stories, history, theology, biography. It is wonderful!

The second best thing is having the opportunity to chat with new Cambodian neighbours. One young female comes in for a talk, I wander out the front to sit with a group at dusk and the grandmother asks me five times if I have food or if she should send someone to go to the market for me.

My mum's got a neighbour like this in Sydney too- who brings over soup in the winter, pops in for a cuppa and always has a couple of drinks with me when I'm in town. Remember the best things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home