somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Cooking Culturally


Yesterday I made the African Peanut Soup featured in the last Resonate magazine. It is the same issue in which Lisa describes Steve as the guy with "tight buns, sharp mind and devastatingly good looks" and he speaks of his first impressions of "the cute blonde chick" at the Young Adult Bonfire Social. But I digress....

The soup was very good. I had it simmering on the stove by midday. As I did some odd jobs and listened to the news over the sound of the drizzling rain, the soup filled the house with a delicious aroma. We ate as soon as it was ready and both my flatmate and I went back for seconds. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:52 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey pip. just getting on-line and catching up on months of blog... loving it. love your style.

    what i failed to mention was the talent in those buns. scored a goal with them the day before i met him.

    scored with me!

     
  • At 11:29 am , Blogger pip said...

    Hi Lisa-

    Almost too much information : ) ...but I know these blog things are supposed to be about honest confessions so I'll let it go this time.

    Nice to hear from you in this space.
    See ya soon for dinner-
    Pip

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home