somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Purchase

I think I've mentioned before that I'm training for a 10km run (December 2). The preparation is good for me. It gives me the motivation to eat better. I've given up alcohol temporarily. I spend a stupid amount of money on monthly gym fees at a place that is air-conditioned and close to home. Running has also changed my shopping habits.

A couple of weeks ago I bought my first ever sweatband. I love it! The girls at the gym commented on my "new style" and I've discovered it really is much more comfortable to run with a headband than without. I had an interesting conversation with one of the sales staff when I bought it too:

Me: Does this come in different sizes?
Staff: No. Only one size.
Me: But how do I know if it will fit my head?
Staff: It is stretchy.
Me: Oh. I wonder- have you ever tried one on?
Staff: No. But I have seen another customer try one.
Me: And would you say they had about the same sized head as me?
Staff: Yes! The same! Exactly the same!
Me: Thanks, I'll take it.






2 Comments:

  • At 4:22 pm , Blogger KT said...

    great photo Pip. Love hearing your conversations round the place. Love you! hope you keep enjoying the challenge to get ready for the run.

     
  • At 10:36 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you're so funny! Ali

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home