somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Training Method

I tried a new training method this morning. It is the "running away from home" technique. It's simple and fun. Here's how to do it:

1. Choose a location and/ or time to run towards. (E.g. home to the Independence Monument via the riverfront in 45 minutes...)
2. Lock the front door and leave at a culturally appropriate hour (in my case 5:15am).
3. Run. Keep running.
4. Arrive at the indi monument, warm down for a couple of minutes and hail a moto driver to get a ride home (arrival time 6:15am).

Total cost: less than one dollar.
... there are some great things about living in Phnom Penh = )

5 Comments:

  • At 9:31 pm , Blogger gretchen said...

    YAY! can't wait to run with you and try out this "running away from home thing" on saturday!!! does it count if it isn't my home that i am running away from?! :) thanks for being my hard core running partner! you are the best!

     
  • At 9:22 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Heya-
    I think you'll enjoy the run Saturday : ) and I also think that putting "running away from home" on the back of the T-shirts on race day a perfect idea! Simple, relevant & inspired. Love it.

     
  • At 1:21 am , Blogger Joe said...

    I love it! You don't even need to know where you're going! Just run for an hour in any direction and then hail a moto...

     
  • At 10:06 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Hi Joe-
    True! (But I like to have a goal... even at the gym I set the number of km's I want to run and watch the screen count down. Can't do random running around in any direction... too much like real life!)

    Anyway... another comment by an anon friend by email which I thought well worthy of posting: I thought another strategy might be to leave home without any money, run until you're half as tired as you want to be, then turn round. You'll save a dollar that way.....

    Hee hee : )

     
  • At 11:08 am , Blogger Lisa said...

    Pip. You are absolutely nuts. You make running in Cambodia sound like an enjoyable thing.

    BEWARE READERS. DO NOT BE MISLED.

    Enjoy Saturday. Been meaning to have you over for dinner... won't be this weekend, hey?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home