somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Do Not Fear

This is a prayer I've been reading & praying for a couple of weeks now. I forgot to note down who put it together- but it is mostly direct quotes from the bible.

A Psalm Prayer
DO NOT FEAR

Are you a God at hand
and not a God far off? Jer 23:23
Truly, you are a hidden God. Is 45:15
Or do you hide your face from us, Duet 32:20
to see what our end will be?
And yet
you do not willingly affict
or grieve us. Lam 3:33
You are ready to be sought
by those who do not ask for you;
you are ready to be found
by those who do not seek you. Is 65:1
Do I look for you in chaos? Is 45:19c
I hear you saying, Lord:
'I, the Lord, speek salvation
and declare what is right.' Is 41:19d
But the poor and needy seek water
and there is none
and their tongues are parched with thirst. Is 41:17
How can my soul wait in silence
for you, God, who are my salvation? Ps 62:1
May you find people, Lord, who work for justice. Is 64:5
Then we shall be able to say to everyone:
You are our God.
You set people free.
You have heard my cry.
You have heard me and said:
'Do not fear!' Lam 3:37
'Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth- do you not see it?' Is 43:19
Lord, I believe;
help my unbelief! Mark 9:24b
I am a poor fool, Lord-
Teach me to pray. (Guido Gezelle)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, Pip. Good stuff. Is your mom there yet? I've been thinking of you a lot.

    Can you get stuff from 'the west' that may be a little overt? I'm thinking of a magazine for women like you :) that I've been enjoying, but it's not subtle, if you know what I mean...........journey-wise. If you're writing stuff like you are on this blog (deep and spiritual) then you must be OK to receive as well.

    Nathan's coming up for awhile between sememsters. It's always good for parents to enjoy thier kids when the kids have (finally) become really interesting people.

    Looking forward to our visit some day:) Hang in there and don't eat anything you don't have to!
    Marsha

     
  • At 11:55 am , Blogger pip said...

    Hi Marsha-
    Mum will visit early July for 4 days. (Woo hoo!)
    Re: your question about magazines. Thanks for asking- I don't think there would be a problem in me receive religious magazines.
    Glad Nathan has "finally become interesting" hee hee! your words not mine :) Nah- I think he is tops too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home