somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Road to Ratanakiri

The guidebook tells me that it is now possible to travel overland from Phnom Penh to Ratanakiri in "one or two days". We're hoping for one. A group of about 12 we be leaving tomorrow morning at 6am to give it our best shot. In contrast to last year's trip to Battambang, this time I'm not the only foreigner in our group. I've roped in an Australian short-term volunteer to share the journey.

Ratanakiri is in the far northeastern corner of the local maps, hugging the borders of Vietnam and Laos. For the tourist it offers "ethnic minorities, elephants, waterfalls and jungles". For me it is a chance to explore another part of the country over the Khmer New Year holiday.

I don't think I'll be blogging from Ratanakiri. (I read there is just one place that has internet access and they charge the premium price of US$4 an hour...) Let you know when I'm back in the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home