somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thinking of Dad

Five years ago today
we had to say goodbye.
The hospital called at 3am
and the skies poured rain.

I waited for dawn to run,
needing the cleansing ocean spray.
But I choked instead of breathing
and my chest hurt for days.

My memories of your life
are twenty five years happy full-
and vivid now, I realise,
as I think of you from home.

My list of praise is long
(maybe strangers won't believe?)
But four words, with thanks, I leave-
Gentleness, Faithfulness, Wisdom, Love.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 am , Blogger gretchen said...

    beautiful, pip... love to you and your mom today~

     
  • At 8:55 am , Blogger Lisa said...

    Hey Pippy. He'd be so proud of who you are... cheering you along in that great cloud of witnesses who have gone before us. Love to you. Lisa

     
  • At 2:21 am , Blogger Cal said...

    Gosh, was it five years ago. I remember meeting your Dad - albeit briefly - he seemed a wonderful person.

    PS - Assume you're still in touch with Deb and have heard her news!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home