somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

37 days to go...

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

I know I've blogged this quote before but there's something great about taking on a new challenge. A dare. An adventure. A risk. An escapade.

In 37 days I will line up to start my first marathon. (That's 42.195km or 26 miles 385 yards in USspeak.) I plan to finish. Even if I only do it once. To this end I've been preparing for Pacific Crest every day for weeks and weeks... even though the actual event will take up less than half a day! I run between 8 and 30+ km per day, six days a week. I do long runs, pace runs, short runs and a couple of practice race runs. That's without mentioning the spin classes at gym, swims, walks or whatever else...

But the preparation itself is pretty fun! A couple of weeks ago I was in Canberra for some meetings. In between I squeezed in a few runs including an amazing 22K run around Lake Burley Griffin. Running around the lake in Australia's Capital was small something that was a first for me.... a beautiful, peaceful, prayerful run in the middle of the city.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home