somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Bless Me

I don't think in bullet points. When someone asks me to please send a couple of prayer points my first thought is- "ahhh! too hard!" ....But maybe next time I'll just send this prayer and say, "No worries. Bless me! Bless me! Bless me! "

May God bless you with a restless discomfort about easy answers, half-truths and superficial relationships, so that you may seek truth boldly and love deeply from the heart.
May God bless you with a holy anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that you may find strength to work for justice, freedom, and peace.
May God bless you with the gift of tears to shed with those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, or the loss of all that they cherish, so that you may reach out your hand to help comfort them.
May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done.
And the blessing of God be with you and remain with you. Amen

(based on a four-fold Fransciscan Blessing.)

5 Comments:

  • At 5:23 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    bloody hell, that's good! i want that one prayed for me, too!!! Ali

     
  • At 5:55 pm , Blogger pip said...

    Damn straight this is a FINE blessing! : ) Just prayed it for you when I read your comment.
    And the blessing of God be with you and remain with you. Amen.

     
  • At 6:45 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey babe

    well i'm really stoked that tonight after so long i deided to read your blog and this was a really good one to come back in on .... Very cool.... i especially like the line 'with enough foolishness to believe that you really can make a difference in th world...' and thought you might like to know that youth went really well tonight...

    It seems so strangely quiet in my room these past few nights (and mornings) since you came to stay. So loved having you here...so loved hearing some of your stories and sharing a few of mine... so totally appreciate you and your friendship.

    Bless you my friend... May God bless you with stax of Moj's, meaningful conections with people and deep refreshment in the weeks ahead and if you have time to come back up and bask in the clean Byron Air, i'll cook for you next time (is that enticement enough?...hmmmm maybe not)

    love ya
    give mum a hug for me on Sunday
    Xx

     
  • At 10:18 pm , Blogger Maaike said...

    Hey Pip!
    This is amazing! So inspiring! I love it. Can I use it on my own BLOG? Will say its yours of course!
    Am really enjoying reading about how life is in Aussie land.
    Thinking of you,
    Love Maaike

     
  • At 4:19 am , Blogger pip said...

    Hi Maaike-
    Go ahead and use it. It isn't mine! : ) (Do a search for the original if you like... I just changed a few words so that it meant more to me.)

    Rosie-
    Thanks for your comments! Have a fabulous time in NZ.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home