somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

me DVD

Today I watched a DVD of myself. (It isn't something I do often.) There's me presenting at FFBC on May 4 about Cambodia. There I am again- this time preaching. I appear relaxed and sincere. I surprise myself with the number of times I smile. There are some notes in front of me but I don't use them much... I remember the feelings as I spoke, the moment I glanced at the clock at the back of the room, the points when I prayed people would hear something that connected with them in their context.

One of the reasons I started blogging what that I had finished preaching regularly and missed having an audience! I realise that preaching and venting aren't exactly the same thing but I guess I needed to find my voice again from the silence of moving into a new culture and not being able to communicate in the strange Khmer tongue.

Now I'm back in the pulpit but finding that three-service Sundays take it out of me! I come home on Sunday night and think that there can't possibly be anything more than needs to be said. And as I watch the DVD I notice that there is a lot of me in there. I'm vulnerable. So I trust that something worthwhile is communicated as my stories tumble out in churches around Sydney. I will get back to posting here...finding the fun things and the silly things too...knowing that there are but a few copies of the me DVD.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good to see a few written words, despite your heavy speaking schedule. Sounds like you're having fun, doing what you love! Ali

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home