somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Doing Church Spontaneously

We have a team from Sydney visiting Cambodia for 3.5 weeks. Yesterday they came to the Khmai service in the morning so I invited them to hang out at my place for a while afterwards. I said that I'd be really blessed if they wouldn't mind us simply talking together about what God has been teaching us lately. We sang a couple of songs and then opened up the floor.

One person spoke about a passage in Hebrews, one read a portion of a Psalm and one read a bunch of favourite verses that she'd asked her friends to write down especially for the trip. One young woman talked for a bit and then said, "Actually, I've got a word for you too Pip." And she did. And it was encouraging.

But even that first sentence got me excited. I just love hearing young chicks preach it up! I love hearing young chicks prophesy. I love seeing young people step out- take risks- and bless others in the name of Jesus. Oh to be a youth pastor again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home