somesaypip

Life for an Aussie chick in North West Cambodia. Local work in sports, education and development.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Remember Surrender

Remember surrender/ Remember the rest/
Remeber that weight lifting up off your chest/
And realizing that it's not up to you and never was/
Remember surrender/ Remember relief/
Remember how tears rolled down both of your cheeks/
As the warmth of a heavenly father came closing in/
I want to do that again/

This is the first part of Remember Surrender by Sarah Groves. I must have listened to this song five times already today and am loving it. Thanks to the friends who sent me some new CDs this last week- Louise, Mark & NBC.

As I was enjoying these new tunes I was reminded of times long ago in my slightly over-zealous youth group. We used to have opportunity for public confession some Friday nights (yeah- I know- not quite pizza & bowling...) and I recall a few weird confessions coming out. One night there was the earnest confession from a young guy of how he'd backslidden because he hadn't read his bible every day that last week. Instead (on more than one occasion) he had dared to kick back on the couch and enjoy listening to some fav worship CD's. He sincerely wanted to repent of his laziness and apathy... Ouch.

(You will be relieved to know that I haven't completely fallen away... I read some great lyrics from Psalms today too.)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those words REALLY speak to me today... surrender sounds good . i feel the weight lifting just thinking about it. Thanks Lord that its not up to me.

     
  • At 10:29 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear that you recieved the CD, we were chatting about you in bible study last night and wondering whether you had recieved it or not. Read your blog as often as i can, it always encourages me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home